We at First Presbyterian Church, Marion, Illinois seek to be a church that knows, trusts and demonstrates the love of Jesus Christ for the redemption of the world through:
- prayer and worship;
- study, teaching and equipping;
- community and fellowship;
- faith sharing;
- caring for the broken in mind, body and spirit;
- supporting mission projects at home and abroad;
- addressing the problems of poverty, racism & violence;
- fostering discipleship
At the First Presbyterian Church of Marion, Illinois, we are a family of God where Jesus is alive in our hearts, and this is consistently demonstrated through the spirit of love in this place.
- Through our fierce commitment to mission, at home and on four continents,
- Through our diverse styles of worship and music ministry, and
- Through our radical commitment to hospitality, fellowship, and the nurturing of spiritual development.
For 100 years, God has led us to be a missional church. At First Presbyterian of Marion, we believe that with God’s help, we can change ourselves, our community, and our world. We believe these changes happen through the Power of Prayer, transforming education, and selfless service to others in our community and global outreach.
We strive for a deeper understanding of what God wants us to be. Our biggest challenge remains how to maintain the vitality of our current ministries, while being presented with new opportunities for evangelism, meaningful change, growth, and the needs of our Family of Faith.